Visit My Etsy Shop

Friday, August 1, 2014

New ideas and simple joys, entry 29.

Today has been better. I have been doing some digital painting which is feeling a bit foreign after not doing it for many years! Was learning the art app as I went too, but is am happy with the finished "painting". I'll definetely be making more when I can. :)

It was nice and soothing for me: I was itching to do something but have been struggling with the felting... I get stuck between hobby and work and if work isn't going so well, not making many sales etc, I get disheartened and can't even make things for me or for fun. I just end up upset or frustrated, so a step back has been good. Hoping to get back to it on Monday, I am not lacking in ideas, just motivation!

The picture above does have a purpose in mind, it wasn't just random. Originally I wanted to use photos for it, but it couldn't find one that worked, and I haven't been to take a new one yet.

My idea is this: Different design paintings, printed onto cards, with an accompanying needle felted part stitched with initials of your choice on. Like this:

This is the painting printed onto an A4 card and folded like a normal landscape card. The needle felted sandy patch has been stitched with mine and Martin's initials (did this a few weeks ago but couldn't show you as I didn't have the perfect image!) and embellished with beads. Tucked in the corner is a shell from our holidays, which slots into place in the felt hopefully making it look half buried in the sand!

This one is not attached to the card as it's just a demonstration, but they will be! Just by thread, so you can keep the needle felted part by snipping it off, long after the card has gotten dog eared. :)

I am thinking they could be nice for Valentines, or "just because" cards to tell someone you're thinking of them. Doesn't have to be initials, I can add couple of words. (Though nothing complicated as my stitching skills are lacking. :D )

I have other design ideas also, but have yet to paint them!

But what do you think of this one? :) I like it a lot! All feedback is good, and appreciated.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...