The weather has been very hit and miss here lately, but thankfully Martin suggested a walk on one of the best days we've had so far this year! We went up to the den as we'd not been in a while. (Usually heading to the beach instead.) We were hoping that they'd put a little bridge up as we'd heard talk of it, but no such luck. Most people cross the burn with wellies, or some people try to use stepping stones... I have terrible balance and no wellies so we didn't cross that day! We did however have a nice sit down and chat on one of the benches and we got a shower each from 2 very wet dogs that were passing. :)
My new straw hat got it's first use too. I tend to burn quite easily and I often get sun/heatstroke. I've been talking about getting a hat for years but the only ones I've liked have been far too big! I got this one for a very cheap price and it's a perfect fit and doesn't wobble on my head or threaten to blow off in any tiny gust of wind. It was plain so I've added a purple plaited cord and some daisies which you can't see in the photo. I'll be wearing this a lot on days out!
I'm still working on the order for my new venture. I've now made some bees to add to it:
Today I've been working on some brooches, but I haven't finished them yet so I didn't take any photos.
Mid crafting session I was asked if I wanted to play with next doors puppy for a little while. The puppy is gorgeous but every time I've seen him so far he has always been very wary of me and moves away if I come near, so I have left all the interaction to Martin who he seems to like a bit better. But Martin wasn't here today so I thought I'd have a go. Well, little Muffin was wonderful! He was very excited to be playing with the ball and he brought it back to me a few times, he let me scratch behind his ear and he gave me lots of licks. :) He's been so shy every other time and it's only recently since Martin's been playing with him with the ball that he's starting to come out of his shell. It was lovely to see him excited about something, with his tail wagging and doing little puppy pounces. We'd been a bit worried that he was ill before as he never seemed to have any energy, but thankfully he is getting there. :) We are still waiting to hear from our landlords if we are allowed our own puppy, but days like today make me hope they say yes all the more!



No comments:
Post a Comment