Visit My Etsy Shop

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Evolution of Helper Bear.

Some of you may know Helper Bear, indeed those of you who follow my work will have seen him in various photos... He does like to befriend everyone! Some of you may have even asked if you could buy him from me!

He was born in 2012, not long after I'd moved to my own little flat by the sea. I guess I was a little lonely and one day I was creating a new bear with no particular idea in mind of what he would be or who he was for. It turns out that he was for me. :)

It's rare that I will make something for myself, but as soon as he was made I just knew that I would be keeping him! He definitely lives up to his name - he helps me so often with photos, and he adds so much personality to them I think.

He is great for holding something in place for me while I snap photos... As you can see above with the Pumpkin Head photo, Bees, Christmas Lights, Strawberry Bracelet, Blue Bear, Baby Bears, Tiny Bears and not to forget his favourite Cake!

The rest of the time he is meeting and greeting and quite often hitching a ride on all the creatures who are here while looking for their forever homes. No one is ever lonely since he came along! :) I really couldn't do without him.

He has become so much more to me lately though. He is my basis for all of my digital artwork for my cards and prints. Even if I sometimes change the face and accessories of the bear from card to card, they usually all start from him. He is such an inspiration to me and my work!

These were all originally from artwork made of him, even the ones who turned out female in the end! I love that he plays such a big role in everything I make.

And now, with my latest venture, I can have him with me always in the form of a necklace.

It makes me happy to know that as much as everything I create is a huge part of me, everything I create is also a huge part of him... Does that make him my muse of sorts? Either way, I love him. :)

If you need a little Helper Bear of your own in life, I have necklaces, cards and prints available with his design on the website:

www.riamelin.co.uk

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...