I've been having a rough time again lately, I've been very low. Work keeps me going and it's nice to have been busy. There are some new projects on the go too, which are exciting. :)
I am getting better again now but it's been a bad few days. Poor Martin doesn't know what to do when I'm like that and I get to the stage where I can't talk about things so I shut myself away, which I think actually makes it worse for both of us but I feel so lost I don't know what else to do. Thankfully, I'm feeling clearer today so hopefully the worst has passed.
I thought maybe you'd like to see a (sort of) step by step of me making one of my Merbears. I didn't take photos of every single step however, but it's a good idea of the order I do things in!
So, onto the Merbear! I always start with the head with whatever I am making. I think if something has a face it has a personality and it makes me want to finish it so she or he can come to life!
So after the basic head shape is done I usually start to add the features. Nose first, then the mouth with tiny wisps of wool. Hadn't added the eyes at this point but I would have done before continuing with the next body part.
After adding the eyes and ears to complete the head (which I didn't photograph) I started on the body. I'd already decided on a blue colour theme so I went ahead and added the tail and details. Added some blue seed beads for a bit of sparkle and was onto the next bit. :)
Hair is not something I usually add to my bears, but the Merbears suit it and it's quite fun to try different styles.
If I'd been making a normal bear I would have been working on the legs next, (my least favourite bit) and then the arms, but since Merbears have no need for legs...!
Forgot to mention that this yellow brush thingy is new. I usually use a foam pad for felting on but it really irritates me when bits of the foam get stuck in whatever I am felting. I really like the brush so far!
After the arms she was ready to be joined together. :)
And finally, it was time to make waves. The sea for the Merbears is simply bits of wool. Some of which I unravel into strands for the nice wavy effect.
Then it was ready for the photoshoot!
I really enjoy making these. Any colour can be used as everything suits them! It's nice to use bright colours to cheer up a dull day, but I guess these blue tones say a lot about how I was feeling at the time.
She and the yellow one are looking for new homes. :)
Thanks for reading,










No comments:
Post a Comment