Visit My Etsy Shop

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

31st Birthday and Simple joys, entry 52.

I had a lovely day yesterday, but was too tired to write this blog post last night.

It started with a photo of me and Helper Bear, while we were waiting for Martin to come out of the shower. :) I really like my hair in this style!

Then when he was all prettied up, he gave me my birthday card. :)

 

My parents came over to pick us up and took us to a lovely place for dinner. We'd been before, but not in a while and had forgotten how long it took to get there! We went to the cemetery first (as we're not often in that area) so that my dad could give my mums parents grave a bit of a tidy up, but my god, the wind there was crazy! The grave is under a huge chestnut tree, which was full of huge chestnuts... Not ready yet thankfully or they'd be falling off on all our heads, but some had been blown down so I was a bit wary to be standing there in such wind!

The photo doesn't really show how big they were, but trust me... They were "This big!"

Next we went for a walk around the village where the pub/restaurant is because we were a bit early for our reservation. There's a community garden there that we walked around and I took some photos there:

Tiny apples!


And a very strange birch tree that didn't quite look real close up:

It felt like paper, and left a bit of chalky stuff on your fingers:

Then it was time for our reservation, though there was a slight bit of a mix up with the tables and we were waiting on one that wasn't even reserved for us, while the one we wanted was empty. It got sorted in the end though, which was good!

I had a chicken burrito thing, which was very nice. But the starter (which I didn't get a photo of, silly me!) was delicious! It was mushrooms in a creamy sauce, with garlic and crusty bread. It was almost like a thick soup, but really unique and very tasty. We'd not tried/seen anything like it before. I would definetely have that again. :)

When we got home we decided to watch a series of 3 films, as it wasn't too late at that point. We managed one of them and then I was falling asleep though! So, we'll try that again another day. ;)

So, joys for yesterday were: Good food and good times with family. :)

Now, I have a dog to start work on!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...