Visit My Etsy Shop

Monday, October 13, 2014

Rents and Rants and Simple joys, entry 85.

Things have been very up and down here lately. I've been so tired and had bad headaches and it's been quite miserable! I think a big part of it is to do with stress.

As I've mentionioned before, we've been asking our landlord for a dog for about a year and a half now: The first time we were told to ask again in 6 months so we did that and were told no again, and again, and again but at no point were we told that it was a no forever. There was always a little thread of hope left, which we are now thinking has been a ploy to keep us living here for longer as we had someone tell us recently that they generally only ask a landlord once and if it's a no then they won't ask him again. So someone (or several someone's) have been fibbing to us. Baring in mind that there's a 6+ week wait in between each question we ask and that causes for a lot of stress, anxiety and worry.

We like it here. Our little house has caused us some problems and it still is, but overall we are quite happy. But this is no good. Why do landlords have such a problem with dogs? You'd think we were asking for some sort alien being with a flan to destroy the earth! We just want a little dog to lavish our affection on, take for walks in the lovely area that we live in, and have a happy life together as a family. But no. :(

 

So I've been looking for another house. All we need is a little one bedroom place with a small garden... Shouldn't be too difficult, right? Well, again it seems like we're asking for too much because I am really struggling to find what we need! I did find one, in this same village, with a beautiful garden and even a summer house, oh it was lovely... But it's over £100 more than we can afford and guess what? They won't accept dogs! Aaargh... One bedroom places seem very rare, but of course there is the bedroom tax on anything bigger because we are choosing to not have children. So we can't even look at 2 bedroom places, even though I would of course easily be able to make use of a second bedroom with all my craft supplies rather than having them all In different rooms wherever there is space for it. (Under the bed, in desk drawers in the living room, etc etc.)

I've even considered to start doing the lottery and then perhaps one day we'll be able to buy something and not have to worry about having permission to adopt a dog, but then I remember that it'd be a bad idea to throw what little money we do have down the drain on a hope that'll never happen.

It's so difficult. I'll keep looking of course because we want a happy life and having a dog is a huge part of it, he'll be our family member, as special as any child to us!

Anyway, yesterday we took next doors dog out for a walk. They are having some work done in their house at the moment and the poor dog doesn't know what to do with himself and I can hear him crying throughout the day. He loves to be outside, but he doesn't like missing out on anything that's happening inside, so he goes out then cries to get back in, then when he's in he cries because he wants to be out. Plus, I really needed some time away from things here and some fresh air.

We took a walk in the woods, as he seems to prefer it to the beach. (I think there is more to sniff.) And then we went to see the cows again to see how he'd react this time. He was much calmer but I think he could only see one as there was a bit of a hill and of course he is tiny. :)

I think he could smell them though! :)

Love them both so much! I will miss him when/if we do move, so I asked for a couple of photos of us together. I'll not forget him but photos are a nice reminder.

It was a nice day, but it's definetely not the same as having our own. We couldn't go home and snuggle on the sofa and I couldn't watch him sleep and guess what his doggy dreams were about.

Today I have a penguin to finish off and then I am done with orders for now. :) Which means I can try and get the witch finished in time for Halloween, and I wanted to make a vampire bear as well. Other things will probably be Christmas themed as I'm running out of time and my order books will reopen next month... With money off everything because I'm nice. :)

So, stick around as there's still lots to come this year!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...