Visit My Etsy Shop

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A little day out of the house.

We had a nice wander around our village today and the neighbouring village. (Which is all practically the same thing!) I posted a parcel, we saw our jogger... Twice! It sort of snowed... A little. It was more like very soft hail but it really didn't last long. Just a few little fluttering balls falling and then disappearing. We took lots of fail selfies... Some with our heads chopped off, some with only one of us in the frame, and lots with too many chins on show. (All of which were mine!) This was one of the best of a bad bunch. :) We didn't see any new signs for places to rent though, next time maybe we'll try further afield and get the bus to some of the other coastal villages.

Yesterday and the day before I made these little guys, firstly:

A little purple dragon bookmark. I have 2 more to make very soon in various colours and have ordered some more ribbons as I didn't have a very good selection. Hopefully the new lot will give me some more options and things to contrast or coordinate with! (Any excuse to buy craft supplies. :) )

Then yesterday this little one got made:

They've all been sent off to their lovely new home today and hopefully they'll be safe and sound very soon.

Yesterday I had a slightly random urge to try some crochet again, but I don't have the right kind of wool. Plenty of felting wool! So, I'll have a look into it a bit better, figure out something I would like to make, find or buy a pattern for it and then buy the wool. It'd be so easy for me to want 30 different colours and spend a fortune on it so I need to plan ahead to stop from doing that! Then I need to of course, remind myself how to do it as I was never very good before and only knew the very basics. :) It could be fun though!

Tomorrow I am getting my stitches out and while we're in town and because we've done so good with the weight loss this year we're going to have another treat. Those chips last week were just so nice we're going to have them again! It's something we don't eat at home so very much just a treat... And hey, everyone deserves a treat now and then. :) Hopefully we'll manage a mooch around the charity shops as well, I've not been in a while!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...