...and a tiny bit of day 2 evening!
Just after my last blog post we sat down to a lovely dinner of roast chicken, mash, veg, stuffing and Yorkshire Puds.
Martin does so well adapting to other people's cookers, we all just look at it and say we can't work it, but he is not daunted and goes ahead and does it. It was very nice too!
It was nice to sit at a table and have a civilised meal. We don't have space for a proper one in our house.
After dinner, Martin and me went out for another walk, and to feed the donkeys because we love them. :)
I finally got a photo of the front of the beautiful house!
And I think I confused some cows who thought I was the farmer as a few of them came to have a look at us, then wandered off when they realised we had nothing for them. :)
There's some really pretty creamy coloured cows around here.
The next day we went to the coast and to various coastal villages, which I have unfortunetely forgotten the names to! Here are some pretty photos instead:
We found a beautiful beach with a caravan park and this wonderful sign which we loved:
Sadly the box was empty but we did find a tennis ball on our walk which we put in there on our way back to the car.
The beach was beautiful and very clean compared to ours.
If you didn't already know this was Scotland... You might have thought it was somewhere more exotic! Look at that lovely clear sand and sea. :)
Next we decided to visit an old village we stayed in over 15 years ago, but we didn't stay long and I didn't take any photos. We then went to the next village over and it had a pretty harbour. Dad had a fun moment when he asked someone even more deaf than he is a question.
We had fish and chips for dinner after that and went home to play a pub quiz from a book I bought. :) It is safe to say that mum won the majority of the topics we chose, but Martin was a very close second I think! Dad is getting more deaf by the day and didn't hear most of what was said and came out with some hilarious things that had nothing to do with anything being asked!
Love my "new" hair but it's too short for a ponytail, but pigtails still work. :)
Today we headed off to a Falconry, but the heavens opened within 5 minutes of us arriving so I didn't get many photos which is such a shame as Martin had 3 pretty birds on his arm today! ;) Not at the same time of course but the owl was especially beautiful.
Dad was disappointed as we didn't get to see any of the Eagles flying, but they were not trained, plus with the rain I don't think they'd have wanted to anyway.
The Peregrine Falcon was an elderly chap of 12 and when he was flying I could barely see him let alone get a good photo. :)
Even though he doesn't need to hunt and kill his own food anymore he still shields it from other prey while eating. This can sometimes be their downfall as larger birds flying over can see that they are distracted and swoop down and they then become dinner.
We wee absolutely soaked after that and went to a tearoom to warm up, then got a little shopping in a nearby supermarket then home.
We're now writing out some words for a drawing game for later which is usually a laugh.
We have mince and tatties on the go for tonight's dinner and strawberries and ice cream for afters. ;)





































No comments:
Post a Comment