I've been busy busy with the felting lately. It started with a very handsome fox:
Who is now in my Etsy shop looking for a nice home. :)
I then made another for an Australian friend and he is on his long journey to her as we speak! It usually takes about 3 weeks for things to arrive there and it's always a tense time not knowing if the parcel and contents are safe or not, but hopefully all will be well. I'll write more about that when he's arrived. :)
My friend Leeza bought a tiny bear and also the cupcake deer.
And she sent me some lovely photos of her collection. :)
Leeza makes adorable Polymer Clay Dragons and you can find her work here: Twisted and Troublesome Friends.
I've been doing a lot more networking lately and so I put this picture together to show some of my little felted paintings... How great do they all look together? I think they look brilliant and it made me a bit proud to see how well I've been doing with making them. :)
I made this little lady a few days ago. She was an idea I had of some way to show my love for traditional sewn bears but with my preferred method of needle felting, as my bear sewing skills are poor! She is no longer for sale as I have a lovely friend who'd like her and we are doing a little swap when she has time as I was going to buy something from her soon anyway. :)
I found a couple of neglected pieces that weren't for sale in my shop, so I've now rephotographed them and rectified the situation!
Aside from the felted paintings and a few bits I'd like to remake at some point, my To Do list mostly consisted of Christmas items and a couple of Halloween things. So next I chose to do a Halloween make and here is the result... A Zombunny!
She was snapped up fast and will be on her way to her new home tomorrow. :)
Lastly, I found this little purple flower that I'd made a while ago and realised that it went perfect with the unicorn that I have for sale! They will now be sold together and I'll soon update her listing on Etsy to reflect this. She's even prettier now. :)
In other news: It's been horrible and warm and I've not been enjoying it, but thankfully it is getting better now. Hopefully this means that Martin can go shopping tomorrow without passing out from the heat! And hopefully we'll be able to get out for walks again, and maybe even a picnic. :)
I've been enjoying some audiobooks recently and last night we started listening to The Chronicles of Narnia together as Martin hasn't read the books and isn't familiar with the story. They're some of my favourites! (And it's been long said that I'll not go to heaven when I die, I'll go to Narnia instead.)
I've been a bit annoyed/stressed with the house hunting situation... I've found 2 nice 1 bedroom houses but they've both been in the wrong locations. :( One was in a big town and I know I'd hate it there, but the house was perfect and even had a computer (or in my case, craft) room and a front and back garden with a fence round it for a dog to run around in. The other one was such a good price, looked a decent size and although the garden was just stone slabs and a whirligig for clothes drying, it looked a good size inside... But it was in the middle of nowhere and I'd have to walk a couple of miles to the post office, there were no corner shops nearby and the nearest town for food shopping was 11 miles away. :( It's all fine if you have a car and can easily drive places but we don't. So, the search continues...














No comments:
Post a Comment