Visit My Etsy Shop

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Christmas in July and a Birthday.

Last year I ran out of time when it came to Christmas makes and I didn't get everything made that I wanted to, so a couple of weeks ago I started early.

I started with one of my all time favourites, Pudding Bears. :)

I then made 4 more, to make 5! You can order these directly from me or buy from my Etsy shop.

I made a Reindeer too as this was one of the things I ran out of time on last year. I love these ones. He is now settled in his new home and I am making another for someone tomorrow. :) This year I'd also like to make more hanging Snowmen, Angel Bears and Christmas Elf Bears!

I was asked to make a Panda that would be a gift to her friend and I made this little guy. :) Had lots of fun on this one! His fluffy cheeks are made with a reverse felting needle. I don't use it so often so it was fun here. The bamboo is a cocktail stick with thread glued on and then painted. I then glued paper leaves on.

I then made a little Rainbow Unicorn Brooch which someone bought for a Christmas present for her daughter. :) I think I'll make another of these soon.

That day I also made this one as the one in my Etsy shop had sold.

Next up was an order for a White Fairy Mouse with Lilac Butterfly wings. She is very pretty. :)

And a Puffin. :) This one was a bit of a challenge and I struggled with the proportions and also the beak. But I think he's very cute!

It was my dads birthday the other day and sadly the day they came to visit the weather didn't look too promising. Our original plan was changed and we ended up going to a coastal village that we'd not been to in a long time. It was great and we had a brilliant time, so it goes to show that sometimes changed plans can be a good thing. :)

We'd never seen these beautiful mosaics before. There was so much detail in them! This one was made of shells, glass and ceramic I think.

Children from the lacal school helped make them. Aren't they gorgeous?

I loved the cat in this one!

Nearby there was a nice little sitting area under some trees.

But we kept walking along the coastal path. :)

I thought this tower would have made a fantastic craft room. :D

There was a wall all around a house and garden.

And lots of wild flowers for the bees.

A door to the Secret Garden? :)


And there was what looked like a ruined castle behind it, but this was the only glimpse we could get.

There was lots going on in the sea there, and there were seals swimming on their backs, and with their children. They looked very relaxed! (I need a bigger zoom.)

Martin climbed up the rocky bit of the beach but I was already sliding about on the rocks (much to mums amusement!) so there was no way I was going up there.

My dad is now 77 years young. :) Do you like his umbrella tie? Not sure what that was about but he walked the whole way like that!

It drizzled in the walk back, but it was very enjoyable and nice to be somewhere a little different. :)

I've been having a day off today as I've burnt myself out a bit, but hoping to be more rested for tomorrow. Our Post Office is shut for a while as its getting an upgrade so I can't post anything at the moment!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...