Yesterday we went putting. But proper putting not the one where we have to aim between molehills and try not to put the ball into a rabbit hole. But I'll get to that in a minute as I need to tell you about some poor seagulls first.
So we went to a Crail, which seems to be a favourite of ours. The putting wasn't open yet so we went for a wander. We sat to enjoy the view for a few minutes and because of the way we were sitting I managed to get us all in the shot which is a nice rarity. :)
There were 2 young seagulls stood on the grass there, and the poor things were obviously waiting to be fed, and were continually squeaking to any other seagull who came near or even just flew overhead.
Sadly we had absolutely nothing for them. :(
I know you're not really supposed to feed/encourage them anyway but look at their wee faces!
I felt really sorry for them. They just stood there looking at us hopefully.
But soon we had to leave as we were getting thirsty sitting in the sun. We of course had jumpers and raincoats on as it had looked like it was going to rain when we left! Turns out we got it a bit wrong.
The walk back was overgrown.
But lots of berries and things on that path.
Next we went to a tearoom for scones and drinks and to pass a little more time till the putting was open.
When we got there, the green was nice, the grass very short and very smooth! Not what we were used to at all. This put me at a disadvantage (as if I needed another one! ;) ) because I tend to hit my ball a bit too hard as I find it difficult to judge and even when I think I'm being gentle it goes far too far.
My dad on the other hand was loving it and getting some good shots.
He got 2 holes-in-one on the first round we played.
But everyone did really well on the shorter grass. Even me! It took me a little bit to get used to how fast the ball was running, but on our second round I was the one with 2 holes in one! :D Was very happy. Both total flukes, but lots of fun.
After that we were feeling slightly burnt so we went to get some food and that was it. :) A very pleasant day, with just slightly too much sun for me when I wasn't prepared for it. I really missed my hat!
As for felting, I finished the Dragon family and they should now hopefully be home, or will be very soon.
I made another little dog felt painting. I really do enjoy making these, and he had such a lovely fluffy face!
And I managed to finish my seaside collection stickers, so now I can start on the Flamingos. These need a little tweaking still as the cut lines get off toward the bottom of the page. I have read it's a common problem and I should be able to get them a bit better. It's happened on all the sheets I've cut so far but this one is the most noticeable. I'll try fixing it later!
Still enjoying making them. :)
OK, I am going for a nice long, cool shower now, and then will do a little felting. On today's list is some more unicorn brooches or magnets for my shop!
Bye for now.
















No comments:
Post a Comment