Visit My Etsy Shop

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Baby Orangutan Overload!

I was asked recently to make a Baby Orangutan as part of an order. I'd not made one before but was excited to try it as they are so very sweet.

I posted a WIP shot and it got a lot of interest!

I was having a bit of a struggle that day and it was slow going. I nearly stopped there, but had some food and carried on. I am so glad I did as when I posted the finished baby everyone went mad for it and I've never had so many comments, likes or shares before!

He was so popular and I had 3 more orders for them. :) Helper Bear also loves him.

Next up was a 3 part order for a lovely lady in Denmark. My first customer from Denmark actually. :)

There was a fox.

A Bear.

And a Highland Cow Brooch. :)

And an obligatory group shot.

And they have arrived safely and had the cutest photo shoot ever and made friends with a toad. ;)

The little chicken was made by Maria herself and you can see more of her work on her Instagram page: HERE

I also made a couple of unicorn brooch/magnets for my shop, one of which is still available.

And I've worked on graphics too, though, verrrrrry slowly.

The Flamingos are based on a design by a lady on Facebook who asked for them.
I love Pugs, they're so cute!
This guy took ages to make... All those markings!
And this sloth makes me want to needle felt one soon. :)

My lovely friend Rachel received my bear and she sent me the most lovely tree, which I love.

 

Then it was back to Orangutans! I always start everything with the head first. When it has a face and eyes to look at me, I can't help but fall in love and imagine it's personality. :) It makes pushing on when I'm feeling tired a little easier too.

The first of 3 was made, his brothers soon to follow.

They've all gone their separate ways, which is a bit of a shame as they had so much fun together. :)

Here's one in its new home with the lovely Leeza. :)

 

Love them so much! Today I made a couple more Highland Cow brooches, which are both now sold.

Last night I made a wee kitten graphic.

And today I finished off yet another Orangutan! I still have 2 to make this week and a further 2 next week!

And I made a wee snowman too. :) I'm so happy these guys don't have fingers and/or toes. LOL :)

So, as you can see, I've been very busy! My parents are coming to visit on Friday so I'll have a day off for that and then next week is my birthday so I'll have that day off as well. :)

I've bought a Filofax from a friend which I'm hoping will arrive in the next couple of days and I'm going to use it for a combination of things: It'll be part order book, time organiser and I'll also stick some photos in there to remind me of nice things. Oh and I'll use it for my sticker photos as well. :) I'm rediculously excited about it! I've been looking at all sorts of addons for it and I'm going to need a pencil case to store all the pretty pens I'm going to want, and a laminator for making my own dashboard and inserts! I'm going to love it as there's sooo much that can be done and made and played with! :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...