So it feels like it's been a long time again since I've blogged. A few things have happened since the last time.
Firstly we went on a family Geocaching adventure. Martin and me had been once on or own to see what it was all about and since we enjoyed it we went with my parents.
We found 3 that day, the first one being the most adventurous and fun.
It took us to a place we'd been before, but a bit further than the path went... We were a bit worried about walking through a field, but we tried to keep to the edge.
The app told us when we were close and gave us a clue as to where it was hidden, but we tried to find it without reading the clue first. Martin took the lead as he was the one with the phone.
We all had a look.
It was my dad that found the first one.
Inside was a (unfortunately soggy) piece of paper with all the names of the people who'd found it before us on there. It'd been found 3 months before and had been there a few years.
Martin did his best to add our names too and we put it back where we'd found it and logged it on the app.
While I took a selfie. :P
The next one we found wasn't as exciting, but it was within distance of the first so we went to take a look. My mum found it and it was a very small one with just space for a bit of paper inside, but it was even wetter than the first so we couldn't sign it.
I nearly stepped on this tiny guy on the way back to the car!
He was very tiny and did so well to stay for a few photos, but he did hop off pretty quick after. :)
We went putting next and none of us were having the best of times with it for some reason, we were pretty close but never quite perfect enough. It was still enjoyable though and very glad we went as it is now finished for the year!
After that we went to find the last cache of the day. I don't have any photos but it was an impossible one to find and we'd nearly given up when a man realised what we were up to and having done it himself that day knew exactly where it was! It was a nano cache, so tiny that we'd never have known to look for something so small. It was magnetic and stuck to the inside of one of the supports on what I think was a drainpipe. Without his help we'd not have found it. He was a nice and friendly man and very enthusiastic about geocaching and had the proper gear on and everything. He said he'd been doing it for about 4 years and it all started out of boredom and being fed up of walking the same routes seeing the same things. He now travels all over the place looking for caches! I've forgotten his name, but thank you!
I was so tired after all the walking because I'd been working hard and making all the Orangutans and was more than ready for food. We went to our favourite fish and chip place.
So yummy!
I've been (slowly) working on my stickers still and having a play with my new Filofax too. I love it but I've not got it exactly the way I want yet. I've been putting some pretties in it though and made my own pages. I recently got some rainbow coloured pens so I can write everything in matching colours! Each line is a colour of the rainbow, even in the order book pages. I'm already thinking I need a bigger one! I can see why people end up with several. :D
And I've been experimenting with smaller stickers and adding them to the pages too.
As it says above, the 25th was my birthday. We'd been shopping the previous day as I wanted to buy a laminator so I could make my own dividers. I'm still to try the machine yet but I least I was able to get one.
I also picked up a paper trimmer because I can't cut a straight line to save my life. :) Some new paper was also needed but I've never had to buy paper before as both my dad and my brother worked in a paper mill up until recently and they always brought me really good stuff to use... Unfortunately standard paper isn't very thick and my pens bleed through and you can see through it. I'll still use it, but might have to stick to one side.
Anyway, on the actual day of my birthday we were pretty tired after the shopping trip so the day out we had planned didn't happen. Instead we had chicken enchiladas and I said I'd like to watch the first 2 Harry Potter films... But even that didn't happen as I'd fallen asleep by the end of the first one. LOL. So we've been watching one each night since. It's been nice to see them again. :)
Martin got me a brilliant card which is more a work of art than a disposable card and I hope to learn something from it! (Though it is a little mind boggling how it all works!)
Isn't it fabulous?! I love it and will be keeping it!
In work I've made more orangutans but am now done with them for a week or 2 as I was struggling with them by the end. The tiny fingers and toes are so much work and I find it very draining.
I made this cute little polar bear.
And a few more designs.
Based on my felted things, as you can see. :) I like trying to have a certain style so I can be recognisable and a little different from everyone else. I've also made a logo design and some stickers for a flower shop oh and a rainbow fairy sticker design based on someone's felt dolls.
And to end, I made a step by step video of me making an Orangutan as I know it's interesting to a lot of people to see how others work. :) (If the below doesn't show as a video please view it on my Instagram or Facebook page.)
I'm off to have some lunch and then I will continue with some graphics I think and print some things. It's my day off today so I'm trying to have fun and rest! Not an easy task for me!
Ooh, nearly forgot to show you this lovely card that my good friend Jacqueline made with her granddaughter for her Grandad, using my stickers. :) Thanks so much Jacqueline, it's so cute! Lovely to see the stickers in action. :D
Bye for now. :)

























No comments:
Post a Comment