A couple of days ago my parents came over to help us with our little bit of garden as it was a bit of a mess and we are a bit clueless! No photos to show you yet, it's still a work in progress, but we found lots of these that I assume the previous tenant left. :)
Sadly I don't do well in the sun, and it was a very warm day, so I was trying to hide in the shade while still being useful. (I didn't really succeed.) So I was quite happy when dad suggested mum and I go shopping for food for lunch!
After lunch of baguettes with ham and salad we went to our beach.
I have no idea what I would do without these people in my life!
They all had a go on the swings, despite being tired from the gardening. :)
Someone had made this near the swings:
And I am seeing hearts everywhere lately, I wonder if it's something to do with being happy and in love? :)
And then when we got back home, a bit of silliness! I still can't believe he is now 75...
Catch of the day? :)
In crafting news, I am really happy to have finally finished my latest bear. It all seemed to take a very long time, made worse by the fact that I made the first scarecrow far too big and so I had to start again!
Lots of work has gone into it, even more so than usual due to all the different elements. I am very very happy with how it turned out.
It stemmed from a simple idea of wanting to make a farmer bear, with some vegetables. I knew early on he wanted a friend for company, and I asked Martin if he thought a rabbit (to share carrots with) or a cat would be best... He suggested a dog! Well, I did make an effort to make him a doggy, but it wasn't working out. In the morning, I heard the bear tell me that he wanted a friendly scarecrow for his friend. Who am I to argue? :) Then the scarecrow wanted a crow friend, because he's not very good at his job... And the little worm popped up to say hello too. So really lots of different characters in this one!
My lovely friend Jacqueline has suggested I make a story board, and/or get some things printed onto a calendar. I am going to look in to both ideas very soon.
I need a little rest though, I'm not doing very well with the heat and I feel like I'm recovering from something. Still, lots to think about and plan! :)
Thanks so much for reading, I hope you're enjoying your day,









No comments:
Post a Comment