Visit My Etsy Shop

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Photoshoot.

I used to take a lot of photos of myself, mainly because no one else I know likes having them taken and I sometimes have the urge to take lots! I haven't done it in a while though, and as Martin was away and I had the place to myself (so wouldn't feel too silly snapping photos of myself!) I decided it would be a good time to have a go at it. :)

So, I had a little photoshoot with myself, the Highland Coo necklace and of course, my Darling Helper bear.

I was using my smartphone to take the photos and I always find it difficult to know which angle to point at to get my whole head in... And this time I was also trying to get the necklace in as I wanted to show people how pretty they are! So excuse my slightly chopped off head in the above one. ;)

Next I was aiming for just the necklace, and a bit closer up. :)

Then was a little bit of fun with Helper Bear who wanted in on the photoshoot!

These were the best of the bunch, the others were not as sharp or I looked stupid! :)

Then today I took a couple more as I was wearing a different necklace:

I really do like all the designs and how they have turned out. I realise they would be a little more suited to a younger audience and that not everyone is like me and would wear them at age 30! Still, I embrace my young-at-heart-self and always will. :)

I'm also very happy with the packaging I've made for them. I think they look fun yet quite professional!

 

I made a couple of needle felted things this week too. I had not felted in such a long time (months) that I found it difficult to get back into again, and hard on the fingers! But I am getting there.

This was the little chap I started with, a new design. I love hedgehogs and have tried a few times to make one before, but always find they turn out samey as there are so many of them around and it is hard to get a unique (while still being recognisable) design. I hope this little chap has turned out unique. :) I think he is cute!

Next was a second take at a daisy chain bracelet. I made some last year but they were almost as fragile as the real thing! This one turned out a little more substantial, but time consuming to make so not really a viable option as yet. I need to find an easier way to make them. Still, it is pretty and I will either keep it for myself or reuse the daisies for something.

I am working on another new needle felted design at the moment and hope to have it finished in a day or 2. Keep an eye on my Facebook page. :)

I also have a giveaway running on Facebook for one of my necklaces, pop on over to enter before Monday if you haven't already!

Thanks for reading,

 

2 comments:

  1. haha I take selfies of myself too my hubby looks through my memory card and was all why are there so many pics of you? lol you look great by the way! http://maybemayhemmakeup.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it's not just me, and thank you! :) xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...