Visit My Etsy Shop

Monday, August 4, 2014

Day out and wavy hair.

Today has been a nice day. The weather wasn't too bad this morning, a bit overcast but not as bad as the past few days, so I figured we'd be doing the usual things like beach walks and such with the parents today.

I decided that I would try to wave my hair again with the Enrapture thingy I bought a few weeks ago and have only used once!

It's a huge beast of a machine and I've never been one that's good at,

A) Patience.

B) Doing anything fancy with my hair other than brushing it.

And C) Using heat on it.

My hair is in bad condition due to not-the-best-health and it is very very thin on top and you can easily see right through it to my scalp if it's not parted and brushed (and clipped in place) exactly right. All of these things worry me and steer me away from using heat products on it. Still, I've been incredibly bored with myself lately and the haircut itself wasn't enough. The curls are nice and easy and not so damaging on my hair, but waves look really nice. (At least whenever I see other people with them they look nice!)

I also bought some heat protecting spray to use with the Enrapture as I really don't want to lose more hair by damaging it.

This is how it turned out:

Not bad! But I find it such hard work, and by the time I'm done the first side has gone a bit flat. The thing really is huge and I find it very awkward to hold and use and my arm gets tired. I don't think I'll be using it very often, but I do quite like that it looks softer than the curls which can at times be a bit crazy. :D I like both looks, but the curls are easier!

My parents came in the afternoon and we went out. We'd not flanned anything as we weren't sure what the weather would be like. We decided to go see how the brambles were doing this year and to guesstimate a time on when they'd be ready as we were a bit too late last year.

Sadly I don't like the taste of brambles, but I do enjoy picking them! We have 2 good spots for picking them now. I think mum's gonna make jam. We'll go back in a few weeks to gather them. We also found blackcurrants, and mum said she spotted gooseberries and even Brussels sprouts! In the wild! If they were really sprouts I'd be in heaven. LOL :)

After that we went to see a little bit of the Pittenweem arts festival, but my dad wasn't feeling at his best and was struggling with the walking. Sadly it seems that old age is finally catching up with him. :( He is 76 but still felt in his 50's up until recently. He's hurt his back and both his hips were sore. It's really sad to see.

Next up was a trip to our favourite fish and chip shop for dinner. Poor Martin waited in the queue himself for about 40 mins. No photos of it, but it was yummy as always. :)

Dad felt OK enough for a wee beach walk before we headed home.

It was a really nice evening, the sun was shining and it was warm, if a little windy!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...