Visit My Etsy Shop

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Penguins, houses and health.

I made this little guy recently and I hope he shall be in his new home any day now:

The polar bear is still looking for his new home but he really fancied that hat. ;) I might make him one too, but I think he'd prefer blue.
Yesterday I got this one finished and I am very happy with it:
A wee bit different from my usual thing which is always nice and adding those little details was fun! It'll be in my Etsy shop soon unless someone wants it before it gets there.
Our healthy eating has been going well and our first "weigh in" was yesterday. We're using those measurements as our starting ones even though we had been eating better for a few days before then. We've cut back on lots of stuff and we're still gong to be eating our favourite things but just in much much smaller portions and with healthier choices. For example, so far we have had homemade pizza with lots of veggies and no cheese, small positions of pasta with just a teaspoon or 2 of Parmesan if it's needed, if it's not we don't have it! We've also been having one baked potato instead of 2 with a small amount of cheese (20g each) and 2 tablespoons of reduced fat coleslaw, and "salad" on the side... I say salad loosely as I don't like lettuce much and so we're only having cucumber and tomato.
It's all been good so far and I don't feel like we're starving ourselves! We do get hungry at night (because we stay up so late) and will have a bowl of cereal then, but we're sticking good to our 1200-1500 a day and only occasionally going slightly over.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the results and I'll show you why! The first photo below was taken in the summer of 2013 not too long after we'd moved here... The other one was taken in December 2014. You can see my problem. :)

I'm just looking forward to being able to go walking again without huffing and puffing after 3 minutes! I have no intention of becoming skinny, I like being a bit rounded. :)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...