Visit My Etsy Shop

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Animals, shoes and cake.

I received these wonderful photos from a friend and customer of her Riamelin collection. I always love seeing these photos as it fills my heart with happiness that someone enjoys my work enough to not only have one piece, but many! Thank you so much Nicola for sending these to me. I am so happy to see them all together!


Then I received this lovely one from another customer too! I've always loved the idea of the Loch Ness Monster and I'm sure at some point in history she was real... Nice to see her with a friend here. :)

The last few days haven't been great, both Martin and myself have been feeling under the weather. I slept for 80% of one day because I was too tired to do anything else. The next day was a little better but was still very tired. Then yesterday we went to view a flat... Unfortunetely it was no good for us, so I will keep looking. I really didn't feel well later that day on a trip to the supermarket to buy cake to cheer us up. The cake didn't get bought, but we did manage to buy some DVDs!

When I was younger I used to collect Disney videos. But when DVDs became the standard I found they were too expensive to replace my whole collection so over the past 10 years I have been slowly buying them again and growing my little collection. :) There's many of the newer ones that I've not even seen yet. Frozen and Wreck it Ralph for example! Yes, I must be one of the few people who still hasn't seen Frozen, but soon, very soon! Beauty and the Beast was always one of my favourites, and it'll be great to watch it again. :) I think it was Sleeping Beauty (which I already own, so it isn't shown here) that got me interested in drawing when I was younger. I loved the style in the background paintings.

Sunshine on Leith was one that arrived today, not a Disney but something I'd like to see as I hear it's a feel good movie and I do like the Proclaimers! Loved Mamma Mia which it has been likened to, so looking forward to this one.

Something else that arrived today were some new shoes.


Now, I am terrible with shoes as I've always had silly sized/shaped feet. They are pretty wide at the front, but quite small overall so finding something that is small enough to not flap about at the back, but wide enough to not hurt my toes and high arch is so difficult! I lived in trainers for years because I could get a size big and tie the laces tighter To keep them on, but they were so ugly. Then I found Crocs and the lady in the shop assured me that they were supposed to be big. They are quite huge and I need to wear extra socks just so I'm not trying to keep my feet from falling out of them with every step. I wanted something a bit prettier looking but I can't wear all the pretty ballerina pumps that seem to be everywhere. (I actually bought a pair last year but they really hurt my feet so I've worn them maybe twice.) I decided to go for more Crocs, because even though the ones I have are huge they are comfortable. The new ones look much nicer, but are slightly on the small side across the front. Still, I really like them so far. They are comfortable and fit perfectly at the back, I just need to hope they will stretch a tiny bit at the front and being rubber I think they will. :)
Today I made another fox and I hope to make another one tomorrow. One for my shop and one for a customer.

We're still definetely not at our best and so, since we didn't manage the cake yesterday we bought some from our local bakers today. It was a mistake. :(
Because we've been eating a lot less and nothing very "bad"... The cake which would have been so tasty and comforting before was now far too sugary and heavy for us to enjoy. I think it's a good lesson we've learnt from it though; craving these types of things when we're low and/or ill is not a good thing to start with, I think the fact that we really didn't enjoy them today says quite a lot and we'll try and remember that feeling for the next time we want things we shouldn't have! As always though, no regrets.
My lovely friend Leeza recently did a colouring completion for the winner to get their design made by herself. I was lucky enough to be chosen and she has finished my little alien dragon bear! He is on his way to me now and I'm very excited to meet him. :)
You can find her on her Facebook page here: Twisted and Troublesome Friends.
Thanks for reading, bye for now!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...