OK, so I lied, there is no bacon in this post. :(
There is however lots of needle felted things to share!
I've been trying to think up some new ideas of Scottish themed things for Karen to sell over on: TWSG
I toyed with the idea of making a proper stag, but I decided it'd be too difficult. I like having a style that isn't completely realistic, but because of it I struggle sometimes with certain types of animals, especially when trying to make the same thing multiple times... They all come out different and for something as majestic as a stag that might not be a good thing, so I decided that a little needle felted "painting" brooch could be nice.
Next was another Loch Ness Monster. There is already a Nessie over there but I thought a brooch could also be nice! She'd look especially nice on a bag I think, maybe a tartan one? :)
The next thing I tried didn't work so great, as is often the case. The end result is fine, but the time it took for something so "simple" means that this Thistle Brooch is a one off. I'm aiming for things that I can replicate semi-easily and this one just took far too long! If you want something unique then this is the one for you though as I'll not be making another. :)

Also from today are these photos, one of my yummy lunch:
And one of the lovely walk in the sunshine that we had this afternoon. We do seem to suffer afterwards though! But it was worth it!
Other days of felting since my last post have included an ice cream brooch:
Which can be found in my Etsy shop. Link above near my header!
This one lead on to someone asking for one in a different flavour. :) So, mint choc chip came next:
She is in my shop also. :)
Then yesterday I was asked if I could make a black dragon with either grey wings or bright green so this one was born!
It's off to its new home now, as of today, to Germany! Be safe little one!
We've been watching Doctor Who on Netflix and have been flying through them! I think I've had a dream about David Tennant every night since starting it too. ;) Can't complain!
And that, My Friends, is about it I think. I'll try and include some bacon next time for those I have disappointed.










No comments:
Post a Comment