Most years when I was little my parents would take me strawberry picking so that she could make jam and we'd have such a great day out. I loved eating strawberries then and I still do now. I was terrible for trying to help with the picking and putting them into the punnet to be bought... All the ones I picked were just too yummy looking to go into the punnet and I'd end up eating most of them! Afterwards we would go for lunch, which would be served from an old caravan. The choices were few back then and we'd always have the same thing each year: A hot dog with friend onions and mustard and ketchup, followed by a bowl of strawberries and cream. There would always be a pesky wasp hovering about and my dad would always be trying to encourage it to leave us alone. (Or swatting it with his newspaper, but he always tried not to kill things.) By this point I'd usually had too much sun and would be getting grumpy and tired... And a little sick from eating so many strawberries in the field. Those were some great memories!
So it's no wonder really that most years I try to make something strawberry related when the weather gets even remotely nice.
This year I wanted to make something pretty to decorate my hat, so I made a strawberry. :)
I ended up making 3 so I have 2 available. They are actually brooches so they don't need to be worn on a hat but would look equally cute on a jacket, cardigan, dress or anything really! I love it. :)
Next I made something that just poured out of my heart and imagination and I felt so much happiness with this piece. I'd had a rough month and it was so nice to be feeling better and positive about something. I had no pressure or stress while working on it, things just went their own way but they all worked out.
I had so much fun making the tiny strawberries! My fingers really suffered but it was so worth it because... Well just look at the cuteness! :)
Everything worked out for the best. The bag was the perfect size for the sandwich and I love the bag so much I wish I could make a big one for me! I'd use it for carrying picnics in. :) I just love everything about it and I think I beamed for most of the day after it was done! I've not felt that way in a long while and I think it's my best recent work.
It is for sale and I hope whoever adopts it sees even a little of the happiness and joy that I poured into it. It felt so nice to end the month on a high after feeling so bad for most of it. Onwards and upwards now!
The other day my lovely friend Jacqueline asked me to make a Belted Galloway Cow Brooch for her to give to her friend. Well, it always makes me happy when a good friend asks me to make something as it makes me feel honoured that they'd think of me. :) Here it is, I think it turned out well!
My poor Martin felt sick on Friday when my parents came to visit and so he wasn't able to go out with us. We didn't do anything exciting but it is nice sometimes just to get away from your own village for a little while.
The weather looked lovely but it was actually really windy and quite cold.
But there's always something to find on the beach. :)
Tomorrow I think I'll make another dragon bookmark for my shop. Not sure on colours yet, I'll have a look at my wool tomorrow and see what inspires me. :)








No comments:
Post a Comment