Visit My Etsy Shop

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Our Holiday Diary 2015. Day 7.

On Friday we didn't go anywhere but we managed to spend time with the animals. :)

This one was such a character, she walked around with a stone in her mouth and was never as happy as when it was being thrown for her!


She had bags of energy and kept coming back for more!

And this one was brilliant. She liked to sit on our feet and be given lots of love. :)

The Chihuahuas were finally brave enough to come and say hello. Martin surprised me by calling me outside and was holding this wee one. :) We'd only seen it from afar before as it protected it's garden, but it seemed quite content to sit on his knee.

I'm sorry I didn't pick up all their names!

But it was very pretty. :)

Then there was this wee character, with its tongue sticking out. He/she was lovely too!

I got a few cuddles. :) With the donkeys in the background! It was such a brilliant place and I miss it already.

Then the other 2 came over to join in, with a ball. :) Great fun! Though I am terrible at throwing. LOL.

Then we were asked if we wanted to help feed the dogs, but I was no help whatsoever. I just stood giggling at the chaos!

One of them had to be separated as it ate so fast that it'd finish its own food then eat everyone else's. :) But Martin couldn't get it on its own and instead they all just followed him around with his plate of food. I didn't even get any photos for laughing so much. ;)

I did get this one however of the poor cat who puts up with a lot from the 4 dogs it lives with. (And it was bigger than most of the dogs too!)

I absolutely loved them all and it made me realise even more than I need more animals in my life as they bring me happiness. They are sweet and friendly and they don't judge or moan or ask for anything other than your love and attention. They make me smile with their simple joys in life, be it a carrot to munch on for the donkeys, a stone to carry and fetch or a pair of feet to sit on. :)


I'm going to broaden my house search in terms of not restricting us to the coastal areas anymore. As much as I love walking along by the sea I also love the green fields and woodland areas too. I'm also going to look outside of Fife I think, though that will pose problems as me and Martin don't drive and my parents won't visit so often if we are very far away... They are pretty much the only people we see on a regular basis. ;) Still, it'll be nice to have a look and have a think about what w can and can't deal with. Our happy life is out there somewhere and we will find it somehow!


Anyway, back to the last day of our holiday. I managed a tiny bit of crochet but nothing much. Still, it's looking good. Here it is on the bed. :)

And speaking of beds, I forgot to show you the beauty that my mum and dad slept in!

Such a beautifully made and old bed. The kind of bed you stubbed your toe on every time you got into it and it is so solid that it hurt!

Such gorgeous details.

We did manage a game of Backgammon too. I'd never played on an actual board before and I kept forgetting which was I was going. (It's a lot harder when the computer isn't guiding you!) I am happy to say that I still really enjoy it but I still don't have much idea of how to play it well. :D It finished 3-2 though so I did well, and Martin shared his prize which was the last Pot of Joy. :)

We absolutely loved our holiday and would recomend the house, people, animals and area to anyone. I'd happily go back! In fact I didn't want to leave. My words when I woke up on the Saturday morning leaving day were "I'll miss you all when you go." LOL.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...